- Accommodate capacity growth with scale-out performance for both random-access and streaming file workloads
- Enable ubiquitous access to files between SONAS and IBM® Storwize® V7000 systems across the globe quickly and cost effectively with IBM Active Cloud Engine™, leveraging its disaster recovery and business continuity capacity
- Enable cloud storage via seamless integration with IBM SmartCloud® Storage Access
- Lower TCO by up to 40 percent with automated lifecycle management and migration to tape
- Provide gateway option for IBM XIV®, IBM System Storage® DCS3700 and Storwize V7000 disk systems
- Deliver high performance with a new performance module and twice the drive support with up to 360 drives
The demand to store and manage massive amounts of file data continues to challenge data centers. IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) is designed to embrace and deliver cloud storage in the petabyte age. SONAS can meet today’s storage challenges with quick and cost-effective IT-enabled business enhancements designed to grow with unprecedented scale.
SONAS can also deliver storage services that make the supporting technology almost invisible. It allows applications and services to be uncoupled from the underlying infrastructure, enabling businesses to adjust to change quickly. As a result, SONAS can easily integrate with your organization’s strategies to develop a more dynamic enterprise.